Saturday, March 28

That's A First!

Tonight we are in a motel in Summerland, BC. It is one of our last nights on our vacation. James went to bed a little late, and seemed a little wired when he went down. After quite some time, we heard him making noises in his room. I stuck my head in, and it was quiet - but then up popped his head from the playpen. Then he said, "There's no monsters to scare me". I immediately went into his room and told him that there were no monsters, and that monsters were not real. He didn't believe me, he just kept saying "There are monsters in my room. Monsters are scaring me". Where did this monster thing come up?! Anyway, we prayed that Jesus would help James to be brave, and that He would come and be with James in his room to protect him. I also explained that mommy and daddy were right outside. He seemed to be better with that, but as I put him down he said one last time "There are no monsters. I'm not scared". So I hope he has a good sleep!

5 comments :

Dixie Vandersluys said...

You're in Summerland?! That's where all of my husband's family lives.

You should go get fish and chips at the Cozy Bay (if you have time, and if you like fish and chips). Their beer-battered fish and chips are SOOO good!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dixie! I was aware that your family is here, because the friends that we are visiting here are friends with them! They have also met Mark (he was here recently, right?), and informed us that you may be moving very near to us (Prov). Small world! Our friends are Jer & Tannis Hiebert.

Robin Fehr said...

Uh-oh... here we go with the monsters thing eh? Kids just have such crazy imaginations! Hopefully you got some good rest... and James will forget about those ugly things!

Beth said...

A friend's son was having bad dreams about mean cows... this went on for nights until they figured out it was the sound of daddy snoring that scared him... it sounded like mean cows to their son.

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hey again, Heather.

Small world, indeed.

I guess I should make the Prov announcement on my blog soon, but we're still waiting to hear back to see if we got accepted.

We're going to be heading down for a weekend to check things out. We'll stay with our friends in Roseisle which means I think we'll have to drive right through your town to get to Otterburne.

If it doesn't work that day, I'm sure I'll meet you soon enough. :)