Wednesday, March 18

A Time to Celebrate (Pregnancy Post)

Today is a day to rejoice and be glad! Some people say that the 2nd trimester begins on week 13, others say that it's more officially week 14. I don't know who is right, but today I am just praising God for the fact that I have entered into the 2nd trimester. I've waited 2 years for this day to come - the day when I could sigh with some relief, and look ahead with a lot of confidence that a baby will be in my arms in September. I was looking at some of Erica's (private blogger) photos on Facebook today of baby Britta. They caught some priceless moments, like her first seconds of life - dad with a huge grin, and mom crying tears of joy and relief. In some ways making it to today gives me those same emotions, and also makes me weep with excitement in knowing that I will be blessed with having that sensational moment of holding our new baby in my arms. Admittedly, I am not censoring my emotions in this post. I need to express how much it means to me to be where I am at today. God gave this day to me as a gift, this baby's life as a testament of His love... I will not let it go unspoken. This was something I promised Him on the night I was pleading for this baby's life. All the glory MUST go to Him, and that is why I am going to unabashedly write today about this very major milestone.
We are leaving soon to spend just over a week in BC with friends and family. Of course, we will be going to visit my new niece Magdelina, as well as my older niece Emily and nephews, Thomas and Simon. While we are there, on Emily's birthday, the due date of our last miscarried baby will pass. I have not nearly forgotten the pain of that loss, and I will miss the fact that he or she was supposed to come into our lives on that day. Passing those "special dates" on the calendar feels very different when you are pregnant, versus not being pregnant. I have felt it happen both ways. The hurt is still there, and the love for that little lost baby is still there. However, HOPE is renewed by the expectation of new life - and that feels wonderful. Thank you SO much for your prayers, your love, your thoughts, your emails, your comments, your gifts, your friendship and caring. You all hold a special place in my heart, as by reading this blog you know the very depths of my thoughts and feelings. God bless you! And now some photos...

Shovelling with daddy on a nice warm afternoon.
James and all his "friends".
Fashion styling by James.

11 comments :

Kim Funk said...

yiipppeeeeee...look at you, looking all pregnant and pretty!!...So happy for your growing family!!

Rena said...

You're growing belly is beautiful! Praise God for entering your 2nd trimester!

patti said...

seeing that picture of you brought a huge smile to my face! i'm so glad God has answered our prayers for you.

Becky said...

SO exciting!!! Weeee!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love this post. I hope to see you this weekend if it works.
You look wonderful!

Jobina said...

Happy 2nd trimester!!!!

Wenona said...

Yay for the 2nd trimester! I think of you daily and continue to lift you up in prayer. I can't wait to see your little miracle continue to grow.
I hope you have a great trip.

Kara said...

Blessings to you as you celebrate in the joy and excitement of the beautiful life forming inside you.

Niki said...

My heart is rejoicing with yours! God is SO good!

maresi said...

This is such a wonderful post. GOD is GOOD, ALL THE TIME.

Erica H said...

Such a great prego belly! Celebrating along with you!