Thursday, August 14

Dancing Bible Study Divas

Well, after my post about the house-cleaning anxiety I decided to take action. I decided I would try to accomplish one chore - vacuuming. It's quick and easy, and I can do it while James is running around. So, I vacuumed our basement. It felt so good to get one thing done, that before I knew it I had cleaned the toilets, baked an apple crisp, and made a really yummy supper from scratch. It felt good, and now for some reason the house seems 100x cleaner!

I had Bible study at my place last night, and we had a great time - especially because Rebekah was back, and joined us again. I had just come home from Winnipeg, and I told the girls that as I drove home and listened to Christian tunes I just felt really moved by the Spirit. I was sad to get home and turn off the music - it was just feeling so good to be tuned in to God through music. Before long, the group of us was singing together. It sounded beautiful, and I'm sure none of us would claim to be singers! I then popped in a CD with a fantastic upbeat song called "Your Love is Beautiful", that has a "streets of Heaven" worthy bongo section in the middle. Wouldn't you know it - the Spirit lead us to get up and start dancing! So there we were, four girls dancing around my basement, singing, shouting out to God, laughing, and just having a great time in God's presence. What a blessing that was! Sometimes I'm saddened that my Mennonite roots suppress those urges to just get up and dance with Jesus. I do it all the time on my own in the privacy of my kitchen - but why is it so hard to do when others are watching? All that matters is what God thinks. From now on I am going to try a little harder to let my "charismatic" side show a little more.

2 comments :

Nin said...

lol! yay God! Thank you so much for you email. It blessed me so much!
Love you!!

Trail Rider said...

awesome!!!! it's such freedom to just let loose and let God be God. That sounds like a blast!

Dance like David!