Tuesday, May 22

Half a Year

Wow! Has it already been half a year since we were coming home from the hospital with a newborn? Somedays feel like it was yesterday, and other days feels like I've been doing this (being a mom) forever. I can't imagine life without James - he is my sunshine, my laughter, my entertainment, my SON. It would be difficult to make a list of great things about him, because I truly think he is outstandingly brilliant in every way. He is cute, smart, content, funny, happy, and getting more and more curious about life around him. My favourite times are after his naps, when he cuddles in my arms with his head on my shoulder. I also love it when I look at him, and he is staring at me and smiling. The last six months have been the hardest, the happiest, the most challenging, and the most rewarding. I have cried often, laughed harder, worried more, and thanked God daily. I have had to learn to "lean not on my own understanding", and try to rely on my God-given mother's intuition. If I had to give a new, or future mom a word of advice I would tell them not to read BOOKS! Just try and do as much as you can without others telling you what to do, and how to do it, and when. God will help you out - but sometimes it's hard to remember to rely on Him. He does care, even about how to treat a diaper rash, or how to get more sleep. I really appreciate all of your continued prayers, and readership. It is nice to know that I have a little Blogger army standing behind me in the battle for the Quest Through Motherhood. God bless you all dearly. I love you!

P.S. My plans for the Blogger Brunch fell through, but I am still in the planning mode.

10 comments :

Elina said...

I started looking at your blog days before James was born. Hard to believe that was 1/2 a year ago! Happy 1/2 year birthday, James! You've got a great mommy!

Amber said...

Happy 6 months James!!!

Dianna said...

Time does fly with adorable child[ren] Enjoy little James to the fullest!

Jamie said...

Happy half-birthday James! It's hard to believe that it was 6 months ago when we both FINALLY got our little bundles!

Wendy said...

Happy 6 months! He is adorable! We are about to celebrate 11 months with our lil' one! It truly does fly by!

Nin said...

It's been amazing watching the kind of mom you've become. You would have a lot of good advice to give to a new mom. It does seem to be kind of thing that people need to walk through to understand. People make all these plans while they're pregnant (or even before) about the kind of mom they'll be and don't want to be, but you can't really know until God walks you through being mom. (Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Prov. 19:21)
I guess since it seems to happen to almost everyone, it makes it easy to take the critisism of those women who aren't yet moms, or the moms who have decided that there's only one way, because you know that at one point, you did the same thing. We all do.
WHat it comes down to is that God knows all the answerswe need, and sometimes the answers are different for us all. We need to go to him everyday, so get a new filling of how to parent this special and unique little person, who has a special and unique little destiny.
You've done an amazing job at finding a balance that fits you so well. Praise God for his work in your heart. Praise God that his purposes prevail in our lives. May we all learn more about what it looks like to gather together in unity as moms, Be blessed today. your son is beautiful!!!! I love how you have a special post for him every month. SO cute.

-Me- said...

Its amazing that he is already 6 months old, isn't it! I love how you are so open with your heart and your feelings to everybody! I have learned so much myself from reading your blog, and I've been a mom for 6 years! But, I take so much away from your blog every time Iread, and leaning not on our own understanding is so hard to do sometimes, but so true that we need to!!!! Anyhow, happy 6 months James, and Heather your an awesome mom!

kelly ens said...

happy half year, james!

Erica H said...

wow! 6 months already! It feels like yesterday when you and I were "great" with child, waiting for our babies to arrive. You are the best mom James could ever have! Never forget that! HAPPY 6 MONTHS, JAMES!

Kell Rees said...

It's amazing how a child can change your life for the better, no matter what or who you where before them you.

Happy 6 months! Times flys by way too fast when children are young.