Monday, January 1

Crab Man


I've been taking pictures of James in all the different outfits I've had him in - because he will probably never wear them again! By the time it is summer at home, he'll long be grown out of these. I bought a few before he was born, knowing he'd need summer clothes for Maui. They are all so cute, so I have to document them. Some are still a little big, but we'll just save them for the next baby or give them away as hand-me-downs. Rebekah was wondering how I have time to blog while we are here. Well, when it's so hot out in the early afternoon and James is napping I have time to blog. He has been such a good baby! He must like the warm climate. He has been eating every 3 or more hours during the day, and during the night he has been going 4 or more hours most of the time! It's been so nice! He also doesn't seem as fussy as he has been. I also seem to be healing, and that is wonderful. Tomorrow James will be 6 weeks old. Wow! I've reached the point where I can finally say "Okay, I can do this". It's wonderful. I still can't breastfeed in public though, but I don't know if I really care that much. I like the quiet time with James in our room. He is really starting to smile and "talk" now - so cute!

9 comments :

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

That is such a cute outfit!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are going better and that you can really enjoy your holiday! (And I will admit to you that I'm a bit... well, totally jealous. Marc and I had a bit of an opportunity to go to Maui with friends this past October but we didn't take it (and in the end our friends didn't go either, so it all worked out for the best)... but now I'm longing for a tropical holiday, all the while knowing that soon my folks will have THREE kids to look after if we ever want to go anywhere (and they weren't thrilled about looking after our two last year!). Some day. Our 10 year anniversary is only 3 years away...

Is this Maui thing an annual tradition?

-Me- said...

I love that your updating everybody almost daily, and so happy to hear that the healing is beginning, and you feel that you are able to be a mommy now!!! Sounds like you are an awesome mommy, and LOVE all of James' outfits!!!

Anonymous said...

Dixie - Yes, the Maui trip is an annual tradition that my husband's family has been doing for many, many years. It is our Christmas treat from his parents, and this is my third year here (because we've been married three years now). It is a wonderful gift, and the kids just love it here. I always feel totally overwhelmed and thankful that I get to be here.

Dianna said...

awwheather that is soo sweet! Enjoy James to the fullest as I'm sure you do!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Glad things are looking up for you. Maybe we'll have to get you a heat lamp to have in your house when you get back so you still feel like you are on holidays.
:0)

Kim Funk said...

Heather..i just love love that you are posting so many pictures of your lil man..he is rediculously CUTE!! he seems to be change looks abit from what i can tell in pics.

keep the the pictures comeing!!

Your looking fabulous as well..hope that travels and all go well for home comeing!!!

blessings to you,james& your hubby!!

Happy New Year!!!

Amber said...

Heather - has anyone else said that James looks a bit like Emily?? I never really noticed it until today when I saw a pic on Ang's blog. Now this picture looks like her too. I think it's the eyes...I can see a resemblance.

Drea said...

Im so proud of you for breastfeeding. I sometimes wish I had stuck with it longer in the hospital instead of switching to pumping (cause well that isnt working out at all this time)... Its all in the Lords hands though.. He knew what I'd decide before I even decided it... and I know He will provide everything Taite needs regardless.

Any who.
That outfits so cute. I love tiny summer outfits! I got a few that Caleb wore but Taite wont be able to fit into... Since Caleb was a summer baby... and Taite a winter baby... stuff wont line up right :-(

Ohh well.
He has such a cute round head, by the way ;-)