Sunday, January 21

Weekend Pics & My 5 Fave Things

Early Saturday morning - can't you tell?

Just a really funny pic!

Happy James hanging out in the sink.

James' first party - hahaha!
I also wanted to share about what my current 5 favourite baby items have been. I have a few prego friends who have been asking me about what I have liked/disliked. Here are my 5 faves thus far...
1. My Boppy nursing pillow! This is my number one favourite thing so far. It makes nursing so easy, and I take it along with me even when I go out. It positions James just right too. It is also nice to use for James to sit in, and will be handy once he is sitting up.
2. My breast pump. I would have probably died during engorgement without it. I have the Avent ISIS manual pump, and I really like it. I find it easy to use, and I get pretty good results. I also like all the available options that Avent has with it's products. They might be more costly, but I think it is worth the investment. I usually use it with the silicone "petal" insert to help with let-down, but then I take it out, as I feel that a fair bit of milk seems to get "stuck" in it. But that is my only complaint.
3. The Bath-Eze baby bath ramp. After our little incident in the tub, I picked up this cheapo device at Walmart for a few bucks. I don't know why I didn't just splurge and get it right away?! It is SO nice, and works in the tub, or sink, or big bath tub. It was cheap, and it works great - I love it!
4. James' Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler rocker. I just picked up one of these as well with Christmas gift certificates. It's so cute, and I can put it anywhere (bathroom, bedroom, next to the couch, etc.). James loves it, and not that it is a babysitter - but it sure is handy to have a place to put him when I need to do something - like use the bathroom for example. It also converts into a toddler rocker, so he will be able to use it when he is bigger too.
5. Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash. I can't stop sniffing James after he has been washed with this stuff. He smells so fresh and good - I just want to eat him up, literally! I do like the Gerber one too, but my mother-in-law is sensitive to fragrances, and finds that one too strong.
I have a lot more I could list, but this is my top 5. Hope you enjoyed!



6 comments :

Renee Shaw said...

Thanks for posting you fav products! I am thinkint about doing a post soon with all my favorite things from when I had Preston, and I want people input on what they used as well. I really want to get a pump, but don't know if I'll be able to afford one...how much was the one you got. One dilema is that if I'm gonna spend a ton of money I wanna make sure it'll be a good one, so that's for posting about it!

Becky said...

I have the Fisher Price rocker too and I love it. We used it a lot for Sam... Ben doesn't use it though. It is a little too reclined for him. Oh well. Still worth the money.

The Keowns said...

love all your favorite things!! (they were mine too)
Loved the avent pump the most but the bottles gave my last one really bad gas. we ended up using Dr.brown bottles which are even more pricey but amazing.

Nin said...

nice list :)
I love the pics! Whatta cute idea to just stick him in the sink with some pillows! I've never thought of that. A novel way to clean the kitchen with him there.
I have that chair too, and Daniel loves it. I'll put it on the kitchen table while I clean, and sometimes tape on some streamers to the ceiling fan right above him. It's funny to watch him get hypnotized.

patti said...

hannah has that same chair-rocker. it's the best thing ever. definitely something i'd put on my top 5 too!

Drea said...

love the pics. and I agree the boppy is WONDERFUL! even if you dont breastfeed. I use it all the time to prop Taite up. I even use it when I take a shower. I'll sit Taite on our bathroom floor on a blanket with the boppy. He just chills while I shower haha.