Monday, October 16

New Life

I went to visit my friend Jeryn and her new little baby Hayden today. No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep from crying when I meet a new little baby. Every single time I look at one of those little people, I am reminded of God's greatness, His majesty, His power - and His ability to bless us with little miracles called babies. They seem to be placed straight into our arms from His - and looking at those precious little features seems like looking at the face of God - flawless, innocent, without sin, just perfect in every way. So, of course, looking at little Hayden today I was overcome with joy and cried many tears. He is just adorable. I purposely did not take my camera - although I don't know why exactly. I just didn't want to blind him with the flash on our first meeting.

My personal counter on my computer desktop currently reads 29 days, 9 hours and 10 minutes until our baby is due. Finally, less than a month to go! I am still enjoying pregnancy - but at the very same time looking forward to its end. I feel stretched to the max, and carrying around those extra pounds is starting to take its toll on my body now. Restless legs at night, cramps, aches and pains in my groin are just some of the new recent developments. I am just hoping and praying that I wake up one night to find that my water has broken! I am starting to actually get excited for labour. I am basically 95% sure that I want to try to have a natural, unmedicated birth. I think about it a lot, and feel really ready. I am praying for a slightly early birth - maybe a week early would be perfect. I know that most women probably feel that way - and then end up going overdue and feeling really impatient! However, I feel like an early baby may not be entirely out of the question. I don't know why - I just have a feeling. So if you think of it, can you pray that I will be a week early - or at the very least, right on time? Oh, and maybe tack on a little prayer that the birth goes well and I don't need any medications.

7 comments :

Heather said...

i will say a pray for you. just being aware of your bodies ability to birth is half the battle (and not forgetting it) i loved reading your post it makes me remember why i became a doula.. best wishes for a safe healthy and inspiring birth experience

Anonymous said...

I'm praying right now... I know what it's like to go over. I went ten days with my first. My lowest point came when my friend, who was due AFTER me, had her baby around a week before MY due date... Arghhhh! I am not a patient person. So I am praying for you to have patience... And for the little one to have none!

Anonymous said...

Yoiks! Is it really 1:30??? What am I doing up so late. Go to bed already Beck!

Anonymous said...

What a relief. I just realized it's only 12:30 here.

:)

Sorry about hogging all of the comments by the way...

Lindsay said...

You, Ryan, and Baby are all in my prayers.

It's been such a privilege to get to share in your pregnancy via the internet - can't wait to start seeing baby pics on here!

L

Nin said...

aw....
Bless you! You are such a trooper!
I will pray that God brings that little one to you a little early. I too had that feeling, and baby came a few days early, and man, a few days make a world of difference! (just remember that it's not too terribly common for first timers to go early, but God can do anything if He wants to) :) Be blessed no matter what, you are amazing, and Im so excited to see pics your new little one when he or she arrives! (do you have any "feelings" about what the sex is?)

Kimberley said...

I can´t beleive that it is almost time. It went by fast (well for me anyway). I think it is awesome that you are thinking about a natural delivery. I´ve always said that I would do the same. I way of thinking is, if my mom could do it then so can I.

We´re praying for you