Monday, October 30

"Let Them Eat Cake!"

I can't report that there have been any great developments over the weekend. I will complain for just a brief moment that my lower back is starting to feel the weight of carrying this little kiddo around. On Saturday night I was prepping some food for a casserole I was making for a church potluck when my back completely seized on me. I had rolling waves of pain through my lower back, and I had to sit down. It felt awful! Inwardly, I was hoping that it was labour - and I just kept thinking "Let's get this over with". But after a few minutes of rest, and then sitting down at the table to shred my cheddar, the pain went away. This sort of makes me think I might be looking at having some major back labour, so please pray that this isn't the case!

On another note, I have always love McCain Deep 'n Delicious marble cakes - but they taste INCREDIBLE when you are pregnant! I bought one to serve at Bible study last week because I was having a craving, but the leftovers keep calling to me - and at all hours of the day! I've tried to keep some level of self control, because I have currently gone over my goal weight gain for this pregnancy. But a couple of pieces of cake won't make a huge difference, right? It ends up that my aim to eat one SMALL piece a day usually leads to two MEDIUM sized pieces - because one small one is not enough to satisfy my taste buds. I do know that I have enough self control not to buy another one once this is gone. Besides, they aren't cheap. However, that ooey-gooey goodness is too much to bear. I have one piece of cake left, but maybe I'll make that tomorrow's breakfast. Does anybody else share my McCain cake addiction?

4 comments :

patti said...

sherri and i used to finish the vanilla one all by ourselves in one evening...in fact i bought one the other day and well ate most of it myself over a few days...they are so addiciting.
enjoy eating...don't ever feel bad to eat when you're preg. that's half the fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh man... McCain cake for breakfast. Does life get any better than that???

Drea said...

Never heard of it before.
I dont have many cravings during my pregnancy... oddly though ive only really craved "sweets" and "diet pepsi/coke" wierd huh?
When pregnant with Caleb I didnt drink ANY pepsi or coke. No soft drinks at that....
I sadly have with this one haha. I cant help it! I try not to drink more than 1 can a day though... and I didnt drink it during the 1st 3 months just to be safe.

Anonymous said...

I too have a cake addiction, not just any cake, white cake whith thick sugary buuercream frosting!! I can never eat one piece!! If the invent a cure I want it!
- eating cake in RI