Tuesday, August 11

Twenty Months Pregnant

Yes, that's right - twenty months pregnant. When this whole journey to a second child began, it was Christmas of 2007. Hard to imagine, isn't it? I was pregnant in December of 2007, and we lost that baby in January of 2008. I got pregnant again in June of 2008, but all of the months between January and June were potentially "pregnant" months for me - and I did things as though I could be pregnant. In August 2008 was the last miscarriage, and from August to December was the same thing. I lived each month as though I could be pregnant - avoiding vigorous physical activity, lifting heavy objects, avoiding most medications and alcohol, etc. Finally, in January of this year we knew that we were pregnant again. And as you all know, it's going well - and I am now entering month 9 of this pregnancy. PRAISE GOD! It's been a twenty month journey to get here... twenty months of being pregnant, then not being pregnant, and then the waiting in between. What a crazy rollercoaster! But no matter where I've been on that rollercoaster, I've sensed God's nearness to me. I am so very thankful for that. I am so very thankful to be where I am. I am so very, very thankful.

10 comments :

Niki said...

Praise the Lord! And yay for month 9 of this pregnancy! It's been a rough road...

Lauren said...

Wow, 20 months is a looong time to be pregnant or living like you are:)! I'm so excited for you and your family, not too many days left! I hope you have a fabulous last month of pregnancy!!!

Lindsay said...

Yay! She's almost here!! ;)

Jobina said...

that's a beautiful belly Heather! Enjoy your last month of being pregnant!

Wenona said...

I am so excited for you guys! And I just can't wait to hear all about his/her arrival. And even though this road you have travelled has been very rough at times, you have stayed faithful to God and He has blessed you richly.
Take care!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I can relate to the 20 months of doing everything as though you are pregnant and avoiding certain things, etc. I am so happy for you and that this little one will enter the world real soon. Just wish I was around to meet him/her.

Jamie said...

It's so true - this baby has been a long journey for you guys! I'm glad you are nearing the end and I can't wait to read the news that he or she has been born!

Dianna said...

go read my blog as we need your prayers right now

Domestic Bloggess said...

SO great to meet you in person the other day too! Thanks for not being totally weirded out when I called out your name :)

You looked wonderful - just glowing through this pregnancy! Soon, so soon, you'll have babe in arms and won't that be the most wonderful day!

Kimberley said...

I am so happy for you and this little one that is finally coming! We will keep praying as you welcome this little one into the world