Saturday, August 1

Lots to Say, Little to Say

I feel like I have a hundred things going through my mind these days - and yet I lack creativity and ambition to blog about it all.
The main thing is that James' room is pretty much done. The only detail left is that there is still a little bit of stuff stored in his closet that we need to go through, and the rug needs to be installed in his hideout. Otherwise, he is moved in. He had his first night in the big boy bed last night. I think it would have gone totally smooth, except that two people yesterday said to him that "baby is going to have your crib". We had been avoiding saying anything like that to him - just simply trying to make the big boy room and bed a big exciting adventure. I think that effected him, because at bedtime he wanted to go into his crib. After encouraging him, and telling him he would be a big boy now like his friends Emery and Levi (both 4) he was feeling better about it. I had to rub his back for a long time, but eventually he fell asleep. He had no trouble napping in his bed today at all. Tonight he went to bed a lot easier, and I only had to go in to remind him to be quiet - which was not indifferent to when he was in his crib! I am so proud of him, and it gives me a lot more peace-of-mind now that he seems to be mostly content in the new room.
In pregnancy updates, well... let's just say the end is nearing! I feel good, but at the same time I also am feeling beat too. Second pregnancies are very different! I feel today where I felt probably in my last week of (overdue) pregnancy with James. The joints are very loose, and give me a lot of discomfort. I'm not sleeping much at all, and blah, blah, blah... it's nearing the end, that's all I can say. I can't WAIT to meet our new little person!!! I'm SO excited about that! Ryan and I have not chosen an official name yet. I have MY name decided on, but we haven't had the official talk yet. We'll see what happens. Last night I had a dream about a name... one I had never thought of, and I don't know if it's relevant. Who knows!?
I also need some nursing bra advice. I have what might be called a "larger" chest than some, and need a really good supportive bra, with thick straps and preferably without underwire. Does anyone have a nursing bra they'd recommend? I used a Wonderbra one last time (with James), but they are too big now - so I am actually a little smaller than before. So I need to invest in some new ones.

12 comments :

Trev and Rebekah said...

Now I am curious about the name! I had a friend who had a dream about the sex and name of their baby before he was born.

Domestic Bloggess said...

My friends Sue and Brigitte own www.sportsbras.ca out of Calgary. They believe in superior customer service. They will ship to you and if it doesn't fit you just send it back and they will send more until they get it right. Not to worry they ask for all your measurements and such so that there is less room for error. Tell them Nicole (Shane and Palmer) from the radio station where Sue used to work sent you if you are so inclined. You may be able to find them in Winnipeg, I'm just not sure where.

If you click on their Maternity section you will see both the Original Nursing Bra and the Supreme Nursing Bra. I found both to be great in completely different ways. Note: Neither has underwire.

The Original I got in the Plus size and though it didn't offer as much support as the Supreme Nursing Bra it was incredibly soft which I found was much appreciated in those first few tender weeks.

Once my milk came in and I was fortunate to have an ample supply I found I needed the extra support of the Supreme Nursing Bra. It has a tendency to create a bit of a uniboob (for lack of a better term), but honestly, since I wasn't leaving the house much, I didn't really care.

Then once my milk leveled out I was back to mostly wearing the other one. Until I was weaning where once again I needed the extra support and so back to the Supreme I went.

I've always wanted one of the tank ones and I see they now carry them too.

Hope that helps!

Stacey said...

James' room looks great! We just put Rowan and Bria together this weekend, so we'll see how that goes.

As far as nursing bras... I would highly highly recommend getting fitted at Diva, just so you have the right size. Then go to Breakout Bras (http://breakoutbras.com) and order from there. It's free shipping, and you find only the high quality bras there. I bought an Anita bra and the Freya Rosalie. I loved the Freya Rosalie. Anyway, that's what I would do :)

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING both of these nursing bra sites! I am definately going to be ordering one. The Breakout Bra site highly recommends ordering only after birth, so I'm going to do that to get the best fit possible. I really think some of my nursing issues could have been made easier with a GOOD FITTING nursing bra! Thanks for these recommendations!

Erica H said...

I got all my nursing bras at breakoutbras.com! LOVE them! I find myself WANTING to wear mine. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going for you. You're right, second pregnancies are much different then 1st pregnancies - the end (and WANTING it to be the end) comes sooner, I think.

Anonymous said...

Erica, which bra(s) do you have?

Stacey said...

Yeah, I'm curious too Erica... I'm going to need a couple new ones next Spring too.

Erica H said...

Oh, I totally missed your question - sorry it took me awhile to get back to you...I use the La Leche League bras - they're padded and underwire. They feel and look just like normal bras. I have one in both black and natural. LOVE them!! Highly recommend getting them. And i thnk they were only like $25!! Crazy!

Stacey said...

Those look nice! But they don't come in my size :(

Erica H said...

Stacy, they actually run bigger than they say...I have the DD, and its actually bigger than I had thought.

Anonymous said...

Stacey & Erica - thanks for putting me on to Breakout Bras!!! I just ordered two new nursing bras (both by Freya). I had a little bit of a hard time finding my size in many of them (32H), but these two I could! I'm very excited to have some good nursing bras, and may order more as my size changes. The prices sure were great - both of mine were on sale, plus another 15% off, and free shipping. Can't complain! Thanks again!

Carla said...

Love J's room. I can't wait to see it. Also, love love the comments on bras. I'm headed over to breakout to check it out.