Tuesday, June 2

Pain in the Butt

I wasn't sure I was going to blog about this. In fact, I knew I WASN'T going to blog about this... until I had one of the those moments that made me say "Lord, I'm so sorry", so here it goes.
For about the last week or so I've been living with an extremely royal pain in the butt. This pain is literal. I have been in a super-kamikaze nesting mode, where I suddenly get urges to accomplish large (and heavy) tasks. When these nesting periods hit, I have NO TIME TO WAIT! It must be accomplished NOW, because otherwise I may NEVER HAVE TIME AGAIN to do it. Or so my brain and body believe.
So anyway, besides carrying James, I've been carrying the vacuum cleaner around the house - up and down many flights of stairs, out to the garage to vacuum the van, etc. I also suddenly needed to set up our gazebo, and yanked and pulled the silly thing all the way across the lawn to where I wanted it. Eventually I called my brother to help me put it up, but the damage was done. I had gotten myself a great big wallop of a... pregnancy hemorrhoid. This thing was not only gigantic, but one of the most painful and uncomfortable things I've ever experienced - in the absolute most inopportune part of my body. Thank goodness that I had some medication for this very problem left from post-birth with James. I was also very thankful that I had a weekend away with my mom, aunts and cousin - for which I ditched some of the afternoon shopping to just sit at the hotel, read, and relax my bottom. It wasn't really feeling much better though, and on Sunday night I nearly had to kick myself (preferably not in the rear). I hadn't prayed about it! Who would think about praying for healing for their... bum?! I definately hadn't. So I prayed about it, and wouldn't you just know it... Monday was the first day it felt better. I also bought a big bag of Epsom salt in the US, and have soaked in it for the last two nights before bed. So prayer and salt seem to be doing the trick, and today things are feeling almost back to normal! Hooray!
Now I just hope that by posting this I accomplished a few things. I hope you smiled. I hope you feel more "normal", and I hope that you will be inspired to pray about the littlest (or the biggest) things in your life that you forgot you could pray about.

5 comments :

Beth said...

Love it! Not that you had to suffer from that but that you blogged about it! :) I have horrible hemorrhoids from pushing for almost 3 hours when I had Evan (2 1/2 yrs ago!). I think that was worse then any of the other pain that was going on "down there" after childbirth. I'm glad u are feeling relief. :)

Wenona said...

Epsom salts are an incredible thing. So good for many ailments - I hope that you continue to feel better.
But I know what you mean when you just HAVE to do a job and it CANNOT wait. I am very guilty of doing just that, and it didn't stop me when I was pregnant either. Take care Heather!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Love the picture

Jamie said...

Great post - and very appropriate picture :) Glad you got it sorted out. And the reminder to pray about small things is something I've been thinking about this week, too!

Erica H said...

Oh, I was sooo bad when I was nesting - I didn't let anything or anyone get in my way of getting stuff done. It didn't matter how many ppl told me that it can wait until after the baby is born...I DID it myself. I never had hemorrhoids with either of my pregnancies/labors, but I DO remember google searching images of hemorrhoids before I went into labor with Annika....BAAAAD idea!!!