Monday, June 23

Still without Internet

Well, so far I am still without internet access at home. I feel SO out of touch! I can't blog, read blogs, receive email, send email, check Facebook, check websites... it's incredibly frustrating. I now see just how much of my time is used for computer-related things, and how much I rely on it for information and communication. It's not a bad thing, I only use the computer while James is napping or in bed for the night. So I've found myself a little bored while he is sleeping, but I have been trying to make better use out of the extra time, which usually means that I also take a nap!

Some things we've been up to lately have been being outside LOTS, taking many walks in the stroller, playing in the pool in the backyard, visiting grandparents and friends, going to the Zoo, and on Sunday we went to the beach. James loves being outside, and could spend ALL day outside. Unfortunately, sunscreen and chlorine cause his eczema to really flare up - to we have to limit his time in direct sun quite a bit (thank goodness for the stroller), and we can't spend too much time in Ryan's parents pool. It has all worked out though, and James seems to love his little backyard pool a lot.

I can't believe he's nineteen months old now! He is still the star of the show wherever we go. He is a real people person, and smiles and talks to everyone he sees. He is really good with remembering names, some favourites being "Becca", "Menno" (my uncle), "Robert" (Ryan's young cousin), and "Mike" (a guy who works for my dad). He is talking non-stop, and there is no limit to his vocabulary at this point. He will repeat anything and everything we say, and consistently says "no" or "okay" when we ask him questions. He has been sleeping really well, usually from 9:00pm to about 7:30am. He is still taking a 1.5 - 2 hour afternoon nap as well. It's been really, really nice to have a good and consistent sleep schedule.

James also loves animals, and was thrilled to visit several "puppies" on the beach yesterday. He is not afraid of any animals, except if the dogs are excited - then he will keep a distance. At the zoo he would gladly go into each and every cage. Perhaps he will be a vet, or a zoo keeper!

Our summer is slowly getting busier and busier. We have several weddings to attend, and a few short vacations planned. I am excited about a trip to Calgary we are taking with my parents in July, to visit my brother, and his girlfriend too. I want to take James to the Calgary Zoo, which I believe is one of the best zoos in the world. Don't quote me on that. I also hope to spend some time at IKEA, get to the top of the Calgary tower, go on many walks with James, and spend some time with my family.

I have been growing in my faith tremendously as well. A few weeks ago my friend Robin and I went to a special evening at a church in Winkler. Maybe some of you have heard of the huge revival happening at the Ignited Church in Lakeland, Florida with Todd Bentley. You can find a lot of videos of it on YouTube. There has been a huge outpouring of the Holy Spirit there, with many people being healed - a few have even been risen from dead! Anyway, a group from Winnipeg went down to Florida, and came back with a message to spread the power, gifts and healing from the Spirit. So, they had a service in Winkler to which we attended. It was a really awesome time of worship, and it felt so filled with the Spirit that many people, including myself, felt inclined to take off our shoes. The main part of the evening was something they called the "tunnel of fire". They formed a lineup of people praying, and each person walked through the line. Each person would pray over us, share words from God, and give blessings. We could go through several times if we wanted to. My first time through the line, I was blessed with words from God confirming that I can be a leader, a disciple, and a shepherd. I have been doubting my ability to do this - but God has faith in me! My second time through each person seemed to sense my desire for more children, and healing was prayed over me. One woman touched my tummy, and told me good things were to come. Another woman speaking in tongues told me that God will "impregnate your womb with His word... with His love... with miracles... with healing". It was a great night, and I was really inspired afterward to share that outpouring of the Spirit. A couple of weeks later, at Bible Study, God directly answered some prayers within a few minutes. This felt like a sign from Him, and it was a really emotional moment for me to see Him working, and answering my request within twenty minutes of it being said (sorry, can't go into details as it is confidential, and involves other people).

So that is the big long post of all that is going on here while I am without internet at home. Don't lose touch - I will hopefully be up and running really soon! Pray that someone can figure out what is going on with the silly connections.

15 comments :

Caron said...

got this from slice of laodicea this morning:


*Crosstalk Alert* Wednesday
I recently posted a message from Justin Peters (http://www.justinpeters.org) on the Word of Faith movement and its heretical teachings. This is the movement that has produced so many false teachers, including Todd Bentley and his Lakeland "revival". ...
Slice of Laodicea - http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com

Christy said...

So glad to see an update!!

My family and i have been following the Lakeland Revival! Nothing short of amazing! God is moving there and we are feeling the effects down here in our little town! God is good! Awsome that you got to experience God in such a powerful way that night!

Trev and Rebekah said...

James says my name? Yeah I feel special.
We went to the Calgary tower on our honeymoon. It had really great food.
Sounds like an interesting meeting. Wish I could have come.
Regarding Caron's comment: I think when things like that happen yes some times they can be false but other times they are real and others just are too weirded out by it that they accuse it of being false. I'm glad that Dad is teaching you, using you and showing himself to you.

Anonymous said...

I have heard nothing that suggests that anything that Todd Bentley has said or done is heretical. I trust my sources, but I will look at this link you've sent. Thanks for the concern - but I think it's nearly confirmed that Lakeland revival is a true movement of the real Holy Spirit.

Janelle said...

THAT's why you havn't been around! that stupid branch!! wow, that's been a while already!!! :) do i have to come break it down FOR you?? :) i'm missed you!!! and especially James updates!!!!
i'm so excited that God is speaking to you & revealing himself to you!! keep being open...
love you!

Nin said...

When we're walking with the Lord, in a real way, and have a close relationship with Him, and He is a daily, moment by moment part of our everyday lives, (which I believe describes you Heather), then I believe the Lord will NOT lead us astray, and that His voice will be heard, and His direction will be known.
Yes, we are the test the spirits, we are to seek His heart in everything, we are to use wisdom and discernment. I have read articles on both sides. I think the main thing, is as Rebekah said, that God is teaching you, and that He is speaking to you. That we don't CHASE after these things for excitment or purpose, we are to test everything.


But aside from all that what not, I have been checking here all the time looking for updates! You are not forgotten and I will NOT lose touch! Thanks for keeping us imformed on whats up with you and how your family is doing! Looking forward to you gtting the net again so we can email and chat!!
*hugs and blessing*

-Me- said...

Oh I always enjoy a good post like this from you, even if it has been a while! Praying that your internet access is back again real soon....James is so precious, and all of these pictures put a smile on my cace...my particular favorite was the last one of him in the "hole"..what a cutie! I can't believe that in just a few short months he is going to be 2...time sure flies.

Wenona said...

It is easy to be skeptical when things seem "different" but my sister in law went to that church and a woman prayed over her and told her there would be healing (while rubbing her stomach) my SIL was confused b/c she had no problems. But my FIL has been dealing with extreme stomach/intestinal pains for months now. That night he was in extreme pain and when he woke the next morning, it was gone. And still is! Praise the Lord! He definitely works in mysterious ways. Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

So this guy can raise people from the dead eh? Has anyone close to you died already? If so, then why not take this guy to his/her graveside and see if he can raise your loved one from the grave. Then you tell us all about it and I'll invite him to my loved ones grave site bc I sure miss my loved ones and don't want to wait till eternity to see them. I would rather see them NOW!!
Got to chuckle at your vulnerable side lady! I'll keep checking this blog just to see how many more people this guy has healed!!

Erica H said...

Well, i check just about everyday to see if you're back on yet. :) Oh, love your new header by the way!

Erica H said...

P.S. Heather, have you ever thought of just going private with your blog? You wouldn't be getting all these "weirdo" annonymous people commenting...just a thought. Believe me, its a lot more freeing to go private (I speak from experience). :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not too keen on blog arguments, but I will address your comment "anonymous". Yes, someone close to me has died recently, thank you for asking. She was a beautiful person, and much too young to die of cancer. She has four children, three grandchildren, and a dear husband. It occured to me to pray over her for healing, but God closed that door numerous times such that I never could go to her to pray. She died a few days later. Why won't I go to pray at her grave for her to live? Because the Kingdom of God has ALREADY increased because of her death. God will not heal anyone upon their asking if He knows that in the big picture His Kingdom will flourish MORE if they are not. He will heal, and even raise people from the dead if THAT will give more glory to His Kingdom. I believe He can and WILL raise people from the dead is it is His will, and if that means more glory to Him. The people that God has raised using Todd Bentley as His spokesperson has made many people believe - that is likely why God let them live. God is good! Praise Him, for He is good! And please do keep coming here to read, I appreciate your comment, as it gives me the opportunity to tell you the answer. And yes, perhaps I will one day have the privilege of posting about someone who was healed by God. I was prayed over a few weeks ago for healing - and I can't WAIT to post the good news when it happens! May God bless you today, and always.

Nin said...

Heather, you are AWESOME.

Sabrina said...

Heather...I love reading your blog, and am blessed that you let readers journey with you as you grow with Jesus. Thanks for telling of how you were moved at the service in Winkler, and of how God has affirmed some very big things in your life.

I too wanted to say that I appreciate the graciousness and godliness that your response to anonymous held. You are an encouragement to me in how you love. I will also rejoice when evidence of God's hand of healing on your body is displayed. We serve a good God. May you be granted joy and patience in the waiting. Blessings to you today.

Roo said...

i love you heather.