Tuesday, July 7

Out of the Mouth of James

James: Why is the push mower in the dirt mommy?
Me: I think daddy put it there to be out of the way of the big mower.
James: Oh! Is that what the problem is?

After getting upset at James for not settling down in the car, James is crying and I am telling him he needs to listen to me...
James: Mommy, what would make you happy?!

Me: James, instead of pooping in your diaper, why don't you come and tell mommy when you have to poop? Then we can do it on the potty, and you won't have to have poop in your diaper.
James: No comprendo Mommy.
Yes, he ACTUALLY said that!

James: Bumpa, I have a question.
Grandpa: What is it?
James: I don't remember.
Grandpa: Is it stuck in here? (points to James head)
James: No, it's in here. (points into his open mouth)

Walking by an old cemetery near my parent's place...
James: What are those things? (pointing at the grave stones)
Me: Those are stones with people's names on them that went to live with Jesus in Heaven.
James: Oh! That's a good idea!

I had just picked up my cousin's foster baby after her nap, and walked into the living room where James was...
Me: James! Look who I've got!
James: *gasp* YOU GOT THE BABY OUT!

7 comments :

Tammy G. said...

Those are great, Heather.
He is very intelligent and fun.

Gina said...

Thanks for the smile. :)

kelly ens said...

SO cute - I love the things they can come up with.

Wenona said...

Hahaha! YOU GOT THE BABY OUT!? That is hilarious! Oh the things kids say. And that's so cute that he said "no comprendo Mommy!" LOL.
So great that you are writing these down, it'll be so great to look back on in years to come.

patti said...

how fun! these are the fun posts to come back too when you're having a down day. i still do that with the video of jackson..i'm sure you remember that one!

Jamie said...

adorable!

Niki said...

I loved the "No comprendo, Mommy"...definitely made me laugh! Thanks for sharing it!