Wednesday, November 21

HE'S ONE!





Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. ~ James 1:17 ~

Last year, a mere twelve months ago, as of six minutes ago, I was holding in my arms the most precious gift - our son James. I am very emotional about his birthday today. Each hour that passes I am reminded about where we were, and what we (I) was doing last year. I will never forget that day as long as I live. It truly was the best day of my life - sorry dear, our wedding day was great too - but having James was incredible.

I cannot sum up in enough words what this last year has been like for me. It was fantastic, but extremely hard all at the same time. I've learned amazing things, about myself, about James, about parenting, about relationships, about patience... about God. He has been my strength, and in the times this past year where I felt I was failing He lifted me up.

It's been the most amazing thing to watch my son go from the womb to walking in all the span of one short year! He is such a precious gift, and we seem to feel more and more that way each day. We can't get enough of him (okay, well, sometimes I can get enough of him). Every moment we are blessed to have him in our lives, we are so thankful, overjoyed and abundantly happy. He is happy, healthy, beautiful, loving, and one big jokester! He brings light to our lives. We are having his birthday party on Saturday, with friends and family. I can hardly wait! It's an Elmo themed party - only because I got all this cute Elmo party stuff at Target. I can hardly wait to open gifts with him, and let him eat CAKE!

Thank you Lord for blessing us with our son James. Thank you for thinking that we would be good parents for him, and continue to guide us as we raise him. I pray that he will grow to love You, and to want to know You. I pray blessings on Him Lord, and ask You to watch over him. Please keep him safe, and protect him from all things evil. May each new day of this new year for him reveal something exciting, and something new to learn. Grant me patience and wisdom as he discovers new things, and give me energy for the times when I feel I have no more to give. Lord, may James be a blessing to all those that he meets. I pray that he will be a strong man of God. I pray that he will be smart, and wise, caring and loving. Again Lord, thank you for our beautiful son. We love him immensely, and we are so glad he is ours. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

13 comments :

Erica H said...

I can totally empathize with you. I'm ALREADY feeling emotional about Annika turning one, and I have 3 weeks to go. Its amazing how fast a year goes.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, James!!!

Erica H said...

P.S. I LOVE the video below! I got a huge laugh last year when I watched the preggo one - but this one was adorable!

Wenona said...

Happy happy birthday James!!! I can't believe one year has gone by already! Congrats guys!!

kelly ens said...

Happy Birthday james!!!!!!!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Love the prayer and the video.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday James!!!

Janelle said...

Happy Happy Happy birthday Mr. James! what a true miracle and blessing you are! and what a lucky boy to have such an amazing Mommy to care for you & love you...enjoy your day buddy!!
p.s. i totally remember that video - i peed my pants...haha...that seriously feels like it was yesterday i saw it - wow, time flies.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday little James! Tell your mommy thanks for sharing some of the joys and trials of your first year with us!

Summer said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday James! It has been a pleasure sharing glimpses of your life... Can't wait for year 2!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday James!
You have had so many firsts in the last year. This world is amazing. Wait till you start joining clubs, playing instruments and scoring goals. Life is great. Enjoy every minute! Before you know it you will be cradling your mother and doing the dance. I'd love to see that full circle...

Tammy

Nin said...

happy brithday James!!!
You have such a testimony already! Following your brother or sister who is now in heaven, and bringing the joy of the Lord into your mommy and daddy's lives to testify of God's great and endless love and faithfulness! There is a great call on your life, to bring the love of Jesus to those who are weary and broken. To share the gospel with others around you, by the life you live and the way you walk, and not by the words you speak. They will watch you....and you will say, "come! come and taste and see that the Lord is good!".
You are so precious James! And you are sooooo adorable! And I don't say that about just any baby! You are a very lucky guy, to have such an amazing mom with such a passionate heart for the Lord. He has big plans for your family.
*super cute snowsuit by the way*

RLE said...

Happy Birthday James! It's amazing what a year does in a little person's life. They grow up so fast and it's so fun watching it.